I never do these but this was fun and I might do it with Billie yearly just to see how her answers change. 💖
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your child’s age.
Billie; Age 5
1. What is something mom always says to you? “I love you and you are my love”
2. What makes mom happy? “When I hug you? Yea. That.”
3. What makes mom sad? “When you think of your favorite kitty that is dead at Mama Ma’s house.”
4. How does your mom make you laugh? “When I make jokes.”
5. What was your mom like as a child? “Uhhh…funny.”
6. How old is your mom? “32.” Damnit.
7. How tall is your mom? “14 feet.”
8. What is her favorite thing to do? “Play with me.”
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around? “Party all the time.”
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? “Helping me write the words of my books.”
11. What is your mom really good at? “Kissing me.”
12. What is your mom not very good at? “Swimming.”
13. What does your mom do for a job? “Uh help dogs with a camera?”
14.What is your mom’s favorite food? “Cherries.”
15.What makes you proud of your mom? “When you help me do words of books.”
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? “Top Cat.”
17. What do you and your mom do together? “Have a party all the time.”
18. How are you and your mom the same? “Because we both like each other.”
19. How are you and your mom different? “We both don’t eat the same thing.”
20. How do you know your mom loves you? “Because when I was a little baby you used to hug me all the time and love me and that I remember.”
21. What does your mom like most about her partner? “When he does nice things to you like he lets you do whatever you want.”
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? “Tacos.”
23. How old was your Mom when you were born? “Uhhh you were 8. Yea, I’m positive.”
So, by Billie’s calculations, in her 5 years of life I have aged 24 years.
…Sounds about right.